(Senior) Advisor - Triple Jump Advisory Services
40 hrs per week, based in Amsterdam with regular travel to Africa
Triple Jump is an independent responsible investment manager focused on impact investing in emerging markets. We are headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands with regional offices in Georgia, Peru, Mexico, Thailand and Kenya. Our investment portfolio spans more than 60 countries.
Triple Jump targets financial sector development and invests in institutions that service the bottom of the pyramid. Triple Jump offers professional fund management services to investors, ranging from asset selection, to portfolio management to fund administration. Thanks to mandates from multiple investors Triple Jump can provide services to financial intermediaries in all stages of their development. Triple Jump investees include financial institutions (ranging from NGOs receiving their first funding, all the way to regulated banks) and investment funds, in developing countries.
Through Triple Jump Advisory Services (TJAS) we provide seed capital, technical assistance and advisory services to portfolio companies and their customers globally. We serve a wide variety of Financial Intermediaries – from MFIs to PE Funds – who serve MSME in developing countries.
TJAS has supported more than 100 financial service providers with consulting and technical support in the field of product and channel development, governance, risk management, MIS implementation, social impact monitoring/measurement.
TJAS is currently developing and implementing a number of innovative and value-adding projects that make sense from both the business and social perspective:
- Lean data management for MFI
- Data-led smallholder finance
- Linking savings groups to Financial Services Providers
- Outcome Measurement using existing data.
As (Senior) Advisor you will support the TJAS team in the development and implementation of technical assistance (TA) projects for Financial Services Providers across Africa.
More specifically you will be responsible for:
- Acquisition of new clients, development technical assistance projects, subcontracting consultants, quality control and reporting
- Developing, implementing and scaling innovative products and services for FSP in Africa that contribute to furthering the finance frontier
- Raising additional funding to enable scaling of the services
You will report to the Head of Advisory Services. The position is for 1 year, but may be converted into a permanent position.
- > 5 years of relevant working experience in the field of consulting and TA in the inclusive finance sector in developing countries
- > 2 years of experience in managing multi-disciplinary project teams
- Strong expertise on Lean/Big Data, Savings Groups, Delivery Mechanisms such as mobile money and agent networks and Outcome Measurement.
- Preferably existing network of qualified consultants, financial service providers across Africa
- Network for and track record on fund raising
- Fluent in English and a working knowledge of French or a local African language
- Good consulting and project management skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Excellent writing skills
- Good communication, networking and acquisition skills
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter, creative, able to work across cultures
- Client/Result oriented
Triple Jump offers you
- A competitive salary plus benefits such as a variable part up to a maximum of 20% of your salary. The package includes 25 days of annual leave, based on a full time contract;
- A dynamic, multi-cultural and collegial working environment
Are you interested? Send your application to Jeanette Bouman before the 31st of January 2017 by email: email@example.com. For questions you can reach out to Judith Rosenbrand at Judith@triplejump.eu.